Thursday, November 30, 2006

I was out for a run tonight (surprise, surprise) and I began to feel sad. I was running on a fairly busy street at around 6 pm and I couldn't believe how many cars were on the road. Were all these people just getting home from work? Were all these people just driving around? All I know is that a ton of gasoline was getting burned by people driving around at 6 pm. I then imagined that all of these folks went home and ate Kentucky Fried Chicken and they all had chubby cheeks and chubby butts to match. I then started to giggle, just because the name Chubby Butts sounds so close to a '50's rocker...

Then I went to the gym. Mega Chubby Butts. Everywhere. And a guy wearing a shirt with holes in the back. I'm ok with the chubby butts. At least these people are working on it. But the guy wearing a shirt with multiple holes? Even worse, this is the second dork I've seen in the same predicament. Freakin' ridiculous. I have something like 1000 T-shirts. Maybe I'll bring them to the gym and hand them out to these folks.

Obviously, my mind was working overtime due to the very cold weather tonight (13 degrees F at the start of my run). Both of these things happen quite a bit in Minnesota. Cold weather and minds working overtime. I think that maybe Atmosphere has a song about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to give credit to people out working out. Regardless of what shape they're in today, they may have been 50 pounds worse off before. For example, I'm no David Hasselhoff today, but I was less Hoff a month or two ago before a vegetarian phase I just wrapped up.

BTW, thanks for the IM earlier tonight. I forgot to log out before heading to the Groveland Tap for a a Cajun Lucy. I documented it for a future post on www.thedeets.com

Rocco said...

Yo! Why you gotta hate on people's personal fashion choices? When I moved up here ten years ago my standard outfit was a cutoff t with old jeans and a quilted flannel jacket for when it got cold. If I diddn't happen to marry a fashionista, I'd still be wearing those clothes.