Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

I recently heard somebody call January 1st "National Hangover Day". I like it and think that we should formalize it somehow--I'll be writing my Senator tomorrow. It certainly is a good day to sit on the couch, particularly if you like Parades and College Football. Even if you don't like either of these, they both are great as background noise as you sit and work that hangover off.

Speaking of hangovers--What's your cure? 1 glass of water per drink is the standard way to not get the hangover, but what do you do to get rid of one? Anne prefers Coca Cola Classic. I always know how she feels if she is drinking one. Me? I've tried pretty much everything without success--the only thing that works is sleep & time. I'm looking for help here people. Not for today, since I finally slept enough that my hangover is gone. But next time...

5 comments:

Ed Kohler said...

I've heard that finding a really steep hill to run down as fast as you can helps. If you trip and tumble, just get up and keep going. By the time you're done, the hangover will be the least of your problems.

Nathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rocco said...

Hair of the dog, definitely. One beer can do wonders. And, if you are not completely shot, a short run can help too. I did both today and feel like, well, not a million bucks. Maybe a million pesos.

Nathan said...

My usual approach to fighting off the hangover is to keep drinking lots of beer, but gradually tail off over the next 2 days so that I come down off the buzz nice and slow.

actually, strong coffee. Which is the only thing I actually ever drink coffee for.

Dr Em said...

i like to consume greasy potato products. after some hashbrowns and gatorade i feel ready to face the day. however, this doesn't work too well when you wake up STILL DRUNK from the night before, in which case it is a struggle just to make it home without pulling over to hurl let alone go into mcdonalds for some hashbrowns.